February 27, 2013

12th Man’s Vote Needed To Win In Finals of EA Sports Contest

Updated March 8, 12 p.m.: Thanks to your support, 12th Man, Ryan Swope is less than 3,000 votes behind Michigan’s Denard Robinson. Texas A&M held the lead briefly overnight, but Michigan has gained it back this morning. Voting ends TONIGHT at 10:59 p.m. CST.

Updated March 7, 2 p.m.: On the heels of a winning season and a record-setting Heisman victory, the Fightin’ Texas Aggie football team is again in heated competition, but this time the action is online as Texas A&M is in the finals of EA Sports’ NCAA Football Cover Vote contest. Texas A&M trails Michigan in the final vote by 8,000, with less than 48 hours remaining in the contest.

The football team gave Aggie fans an unforgettable season, but now it’s up to the 12th Man to snag wide receiver Ryan Swope the honor of being featured on the cover of NCAA Football 14, a popular video game by EA Sports, by voting at http://tx.ag/voteSwope and then passing the link on to their family and friends. Voting for the finals ends Friday, March 8 at 10:59 p.m CST.

“The 12th Man has always supported Aggie football and being featured on the cover of EA Sports NCAA Football would be huge,” said Texas A&M Head Football Coach Kevin Sumlin. “Ryan Swope is a great senior representative of our football team. I encourage the 12th Man to vote and let’s continue the positive momentum we have built together.”

Swope is the most decorated receiver in the history of Aggie football. After the Aggies’ decisive Cotton Bowl victory last season, Swope has left the university as the all-time leader in both receptions and receiving yards.

Vying for the cover against Swope is Denard Robinson, quarterback for Michigan.Ryan Swope

“The opportunity to have Texas A&M on the cover of this popular football video game would be the ‘icing on the cake’ to our successful transition into the SEC and a year of tremendous growth for the Texas A&M brand,” said Jason Cook, Texas A&M’s vice president for marketing and communications. “EA Sports’ NCAA Football is distributed by every national retailer that sells video games – from big-box chains to gaming shops – and reaches a wide demographic, including a lot of potential Aggie students and fans.”

Voting in the other competition rounds does not count for the final round; votes must be cast again in the final round to secure the win.

NCAA Football 14 will be released this summer and fans can pre-order on Origin, EA Sports’ official online store.

#####

Media Contact: Lesley Henton, News & Information Services, at (979) 845-5591

Tags: , , , ,

8 Comments to 12th Man’s Vote Needed To Win In Finals of EA Sports Contest

1. Ryan represents everything being an Aggie means. EA sports would be proud to have such a person on the cover.

2. Jerry Ford on March 1st, 2013
  3. If you really wanted everyone’s vote, you’d start by not making all votes go thru Facebook. Not every person has a silly Facebook page. Sorry Ryan, you lost a number of votes because the administrator of this site is short sighted.

4. Neil Geismar on March 7th, 2013
  5. From what I have been told, Swopes is a great student athlete to represent Texas A&M–plus he’s a great reciever!!!

6. amy goff on March 7th, 2013
  7. Vote

8. Layton Muehr on March 7th, 2013
  9. I also do NOT have a Facebook page.
    I have seen what some people put on them, I.e. “Waiting for my drinks!! Are these guys slow or what?” Etc. etc

10. Jerome J. Sauber, DVM (Retired) on March 7th, 2013
  11. Neil, the facebook based vote was an ea sports decision, not anyone connected to this site. And even if you don’t like/have a Facebook account, it’s not too hard to make a temporary account just to vote him on the cover then delete it later.

12. trey f. on March 7th, 2013
  13. @Neil um it’s EA that’s holding the vote, not the admin of this site. And if Facebook is why you’re not voting: there’s nothing stopping you from creating an empty account, never to be used again, and voting for a young man who’s given so much to our great university. Think about it.

14. truth on March 7th, 2013
  15. I voted for Swope but he is trailing by 1,500 early Friday morning

And this is saying something because I abhor Facebook.

I did not vote before because it required a Facebook login and I refused to create a profile to vote for Swope.

I guess I love the Aggies more than I hate Facebook.

But I am really really pissed at EA for not supporting Twitter or G+ logins.

Super customer unfriendly. And if Swope gets outscored then I will not have to worry about buying the game.

16. Richard Hay on March 8th, 2013
Share this story

More…